Thursday, December 15, 2016

Visa Pick-up and CFO Sticker

This post should be shared after my interview which was almost 5 years ago. But it did not happened as it should be.

Anyway, I will still  be writing this for my visa journey record purposes. 
Quoted from my last post 
" I went to the next window (I forgot the number of the window) - the guy in-charge in that window will ask you of where to deliver your Visa"
Guy: Congratulations.
Me: Thank you.
Guy: Where do you want to deliver your Visa?
ME: Honestly, I am not sure because I am from Visayas.
Guy: Okay, I will give the address of the Mall of Asia and you can pick up your Visa there.
ME: Okay, Thank you.
*** He gave me the address of the Mall of Asia***
ME: I will be leaving on the 18th, do you think my visa will arrive then?
Guy: Actually, I am not sure... But you are fine.
ME: Okay, thank you very much.

January 10, 2012 (Tuesday) @ 8:30 am - Day of my interview.

January 16, 2012 (Monday) - Still groggy, I got up early, expecting that my visa will be ready on that day.   I've read feedback  that it only takes 3 days after your interview that your visa will be issued. That day will be the 4th day after my interview. 
I called the US Embassy only to find out that they are closed. It was a US Holiday - Martin Luther King's Day). 

I started to get panicked. January 18 (Wednesday) is my flight. And it is early in the morning. 
How about  my CFO Sticker? I needed my visa to have it. Oh no, I wanted to disappear. I can't miss my flight. This is my last chance. Fly now or never.

On the same day,  I called the CFO office, asking if anybody will be on duty at the airport stamping the CFO. The guy from the other end was mumbling and seems doesn't know what to say. Finally, he said, "Yes, usually there is someone there". Unsure if someone will be at the airport on the day of my flight, made me worried to death. Airplane ticket is on hand. Again, I can't miss my flight with the fact that neither my husband nor I have the money to re-book my ticket. I NEED A MIRACLE.

January 17, 2012 - Stressed from yesterday's result, I did not have a good sleep. I got up early and prepare myself to go the Mall of Asia  hoping that  my visa will be delivered early. Again, I called the US Embassy, and nope, my visa is not yet printed. Call them again by noon  and I got the same answer, my visa is not ready. This time I don't  know what to think or feel. Even my visa is not yet ready, me and my cousin decided to go the Mall of Asia (2go office), hoping that it might be there. We arrived there around 2:00 pm, but no Visa for me. Check again around 3:00 and nope. Check again at 4:00 still no... I wanted to cry. Offices close at 5:00 pm. Me and my cousin decided to stay inside the 2Go office after the guy said, that they are expecting a delivery around 4;30. And yes, around 4:15, a guy riding a motorcycle with a helmet on parked in front of the 2Go office. You are right, he is the delivery guy. He pulled some envelopes from his carrying box and gave it to the front desk. The front desk check the envelope packets one by one and called my name.... I feel so relieved... But no, I have to go to the CFO Office. Time check: around 4:35. I don't where is the CFO office is neither my cousin. Traffic in Manila is hard to imagine. I am from Visayas. The front desk gave me my envelope packet after I signed my name. I believed she gave us the CFO address as well. I forgot. Me and my cousin run outside and call for a taxi. I let the driver know about the address and begging him to find the fastest way. We were so blessed we had  a great driver. Traffic was so bad. He did some shortcuts for us to be at the CFO office before 5:00. 

And yes, we finally saw the big sign "Commission on Foreign Overseas"sign in front of the building of where the  Taxi stopped. We paid the taxi driver and did not wait for the change. We hurriedly run towards the CFO office door and it closed.... We were peeking through the glass door if anybody inside. Yes, there are people inside sitting. And there are also people behind the counter. We just waiter by the door and guard came in. He opened the door and let us know that they are close. Again, I begged him to let us in. lol. He said, he can't because they are already. I explained him what happened and he realized that I am not a Tagalog native speaker. He asked me if where I am from. I told him I am from Visayas and he asked me if I speak the language. And I said,yes. Me too, he replied. He told  us to wait and he went to the lady behind the counter and told her something. Then, he walked back towards us, open the door and let us in... I was so happy. He told me to give all my documents and the envelope packet I received from the US Embassy to he lady behind the counter. The lady took my passport out and asked me to photocopy my documents together with my visa at the photocopy shops outside. I went outside but the photocopy shops are close. I was so fiery at that moment. I was so nervous, scared and happy. 
I told the lady that the photocopy shops are close. She took my documents back and photocopy them herself using the machine behind her. She asked me to sign some papers and put a CFO Sticker on my Passport. There are still people inside waiting for something I don't know and I AM DONE....

I was so happy and thanking God for the Miracle. I am so grateful with the guard who let us in. With that lady behind the counter who photocopied my documents and put the CFO sticker on my passport. So thankful with taxi driver who find ways to come there the earliest that he can be. So blessed to have my cousin (Cheryl) who's with me with all those days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment